If you're looking for a cannabis dispensary in Long Beach, California, you'll probably discover more than a dozen options. Try searching for "cannabis dispensaries near me," and you'll find many establishments that offer high-quality products and excellent customer service.
Medical marijuana has been legal in California since 1996, and recreational marijuana has been legal since late 2016. Long Beach is a hotspot for high-quality cannabis in California, and there's no doubt about it; before the cannabis underground rose to prominence, Long Beach was a nurturing environment for legacy operators. Due to this, today Long Beach is home to some of the most innovative cannabis entrepreneurs. Governor Gavin Newsom of California awarded Long Beach $1.2 million in Cannabis Equity Grant cash to encourage more cannabis businesses in Long Beach.
Adults can legally use cannabis medicinally, recreationally, or both thanks to the passage of PROP 64. This was later amended to include the Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulations and Safety Act (MAUCRSA).
However, it is critical to understand the restrictions on using cannabis such as how much you can possess, and the consequences of doing so illegally.
What You Need to Know
- Cannabis can be used on private property. But, property owners can still restrict the possession and use of cannabis on their private property.
- In any public location, smoking or vaping medicinal cannabis and the use of any adult-use cannabis (including edibles) is prohibited.
- It is illegal to smoke cannabis in places where tobacco is prohibited.
- You are not permitted to consume cannabis at a licensed dispensary or other establishment.
- You cannot consume cannabis within 1,000 feet of a school, youth center, daycare center, or while children are present.
- You are not allowed to use cannabis while riding in or driving a car or any other mode of transportation.
Many Long Beach neighborhoods are cannabis-friendly and have influenced generational-defining music, arts, and social justice groups. Long Beach's own Sublime is an example of this, as the band is known worldwide to support the marijuana cause. Whether you like to smoke two joints in times of peace or two joints in times of conflict, you know that Long Beach and Mary Jane have had a long and fruitful relationship.
Chronic Long Beach Dispensary
Chronic Pain Releaf Center was one of the first Medical Cannabis dispensaries in Long Beach. By delivering the best quality legal cannabis products, we want to improve the quality of life for all of our members. For all types of cannabis users, we've created a safe, welcoming, and friendly environment.
Chronic LB has been a founding member of the Long Beach Collective Association and serves the Long Beach community since 2010. Chronic LB played a key role in the approval of Measure MM, which allowed cannabis to be reintroduced into the city of Long Beach.